the navigator

This was a tricky and fun project to work on. I started as a z-brush sculpt for the concept that I retologized in 3d-max lather. The hair was done with fiber mesh, reduced in number inside zbrush and exported as guides for the default 3d-max hair. The final image was rendered in vray, including the hair in pretty much one pass except for the z-depth.

The head was the most difficult part. All the sculpt was done by hand except for the tertiary detail in with I used some alphas made from surface mimic scanned data. The head texture was done using poli-paint and twiked in photoshop.

Click on the images for full resolution.